Tuesday 27 September 2011

Well Done Cromwell Quilters

On a rare moment away from the shop (yes we do get them) Julie and I jumped at the chance to visit the Cromwell Quilters "Quilts Unlimited 2011" show on Sunday in St Ives. So after leaving the old fellas settle in their prospective sofas watching the Grand Prix - off we trotted for an afternoon of delights! We were not disappointed! There was a huge range of quilts and I didnt have much space left on my camera so only photographed my favourites - but here is a little taster!

Mariners Garden by Janet Shakespeare


 This was so eye catching with all those lovely colours! So effective!

Angel Delight by Christine Rooks
I thought this was great - full of whimsy and humour and I adored the rather startled looking cats. The embellishments worked perfectly and I thought the choice of plaids as the border was inspired (not just because we have them in the shop) and it really added to the 'homely' feel of the quilt. This lady's granddaughters are VERY lucky girls!
 
Cave by Diana Mackay

 This one got my vote as best in show. The write up in the catalogue said it represented a difficult time in her life and demonstrates how even traumatic events can encourage creativity and this really resonated with me. I could really feel the emotion in this piece and therefore it had to get my vote!

Well I think that is enough for now - I hope you got to attend because it was well worth the trip to see such a huge range of work in one place. Well done Ladies!


Best Wishes

Sarah

No comments: