We all keep hearing about the rising levels of youth unemployment, and we at Bee Crafty are hoping to do our small part to help - as well as have someone help us!
So we are looking for some young vibrant, talented youngsters out there to apply to work with us and gain a qualification in Retail through Peterborough College! So if you know any young people who are interested, then please let them know. Please note that the deadling is Friday 15th February so if it sounds like you, you will need to get your skates on!
Here's some of the details you will need!
Apprentice Sales & Admin Apprentice
We are looking to recruit a Sales & Admin Assistant to assist in the day to day running of a busy craft retail shop and workshops. The successful candidate will be interacting with customers and providing advice on craft needs from patchwork, knitting and crochet, beading to personalised crafting kits.
The position would ideally be suited to a candidate with a keen interest in creative arts with a passion to meet a diverse range of customers that visit the venue.
In-house training will also be provided, allowing you to gain craft skills from cutting and measuring fabrics, sewing, embroidery, knitting to handbag making and using photo-fabric.
With close mentoring support, there will be opportunities to facilitate workshops to even personally planning and delivering projects aimed at young craft enthusiasts.
Typical tasks will include:
· Administratively support the team as required from diary and event bookings to accounts and filing tasks.
· Operation of till for customer transactions within the shop.
· Assisting the team in maintaining the craft shop and workshop areas to be tidy and clean.
· Assisting in deliveries unpacking/ pricing as required.
· Moving and handling craft materials and sewing equipment.
· Assisting with stock checks.
· Ensure good customer service is demonstrated to all customers visiting the venue – the company attracts a diverse range of visitors from teenagers, senior citizens to young families and adults with supported learning needs and disabilities.
· To develop good knowledge of stock and the types of craft workshops available
· Under close supervision, to be confident in cutting fabric materials to a customer’s brief.
· To assist the team in liaising with suppliers and with the point of sale merchandising of craft products and services.
· Deal with day to day customer queries face to face, by phone or email.
· Work as part of a team with other centre staff with any other duties required.
· IT skills – updating the company website from uploading pictures onto the workshop events web-page to refreshing the social media Blog.
· Support the team with marketing and PR activity to create the awareness of the business.
Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively carried out and reporting any concerns to the team.
· To be a team player in setting up exhibition stands and meeting new people at craft trade shows.
· Work as part of a team with the other members of team.
· To assist as required with any other tasks requested by the employer.
- 4 days in the workplace – Tuesday to Saturday 9.30am-5pm or 9am-5:30pm (working hours depend on the time of year)
- College day release - NVQ/Apprenticeship in Retail through Peterborough College
- 2 days off
If you are interested or require further information about this Apprenticeship please send your CV to Judith Gough : Judith@dgauk.com or contact her on 0844 225 2131.